It’s always fun for me to find bits of information to share with people. Notice the last one is a shameless promotion of one of my own eco friendly businesses. . . can’t help it.
- Growing potatoes on a 2 1/2 acre piece of land, as opposed to growing corn to be fed to cattle, could feed 22x more people.
- The average American eats 260 pounds of meat a year.
- Eating 11 grams per day of soy protein (which is less than the weight of a slice of bread, not much) has been shown to reduce the chances of breast-cancer recurrence in women according to a recently published article in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Meat served to school children for lunch through the United States Department of Agriculture-approved School Lunch program is tested for food-borne pathogens less frequently than fast-food restaurantss and adheres to lower safety standards.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine turns 25. They lobby for veg-school lunch options. Founded in 1985, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a nonprofit organization that promotes preventive medicine, conducts clinical research, and encourages higher standards for ethics and effectiveness in research.
- You can repurpose by shopping at tanas banana used blue jeans where you’ll find quality used blue denim and SAVE on shipping when you purchase more than 1 item.
vegan skin care