We are a nation of givers, even in challenging times. As givers it is our duty to take a close look at who and what we are giving to. I’ve always liked the organizations Heifer and Oxfam but felt I was not able to follow my heart as far as not using animals for nutrition.
Here are some options to consider when you want to truly help someone feed themselves:
- Food for Life Global – vegan/vegetarian meals since 1974 – ffl.org
- Fruit Tree Planting Foundation – planting fruit trees for a healthier planet – ftpf.org
- HIPPO – serving mostly Africa – hippocharity.org.uk
- Sustainable Harvest International – serving farming families in South America to overcome property and restoring the planet’s tropical forest – sustainableharvest.org
- Vegfam – feeding the hungry without exploiting animals – vegfamcharity.org.uk
- FreeRice.com – brush up on your vocabulary and feed the world
Some great choices and you help relieve the planet stress by supporting plant-based diets.