This is such a powerful video, you must take 12 minutes from your life to watch this emotional video…and then SHARE IT.
Some highlights of his speech and compelling tidbits of why you should watch this video:
- Does a cow value its life more than I enjoy a barbeque.
- Just because we don’t see it up close does not mean we are not responsible.
- 65,000,000,000 (billion) animals will be killed this year in factory farms around the world.
- An average (human) meat eater will consume 8,000 animals in their lifetime.
- The illegal traffic in wildlife now ranks as one of the largest criminal industries in the world, it’s up there with guns, drugs and human trafficing.
- Suffering is suffering and murder is murder and the more helpless the victim the more horrific the crime.
- I too am an animal, we are family.
Published on May 15, 2013
Thirty-three year old Damien Mander served as a special operations sniper and clearance diver for Australia. Whilst deployed in Iraq he project managed the Iraq Special Police Training Academy, overseeing training of up to 700 cadets at one time. Following three years on the frontline of the Iraq war he departed in 2008 with no new direction in life. A trip to Africa left him face-to-face with the horrors that the world’s wildlife is dealing with. Liquidating all personal assets acquired from 12 tours of duty, he founded the International Anti-Poaching Foundation. The organisation focuses on ranger training, operations and integrating modern technology into conservation.
Today, the Australian is a soldier-turned-environmental activist. He is outspoken about conservation and the nature of our priorities in an uncertain world. Damien’s work has featured in National Geographic Magazine, 60 Minutes, Animal Planet, Al Jazeera, Voice of America, Forbes, Sunday Times, & Good Weekend Magazine.